Home

Sunday 18 January 2015

TWO THOUSAND AND FOURTEEN LOVES

I PRESENT TO YOU… MY LOVES OF TWO THOUSAND AND FOURTEEN

2014 for me was a huge growing and learning year in terms of makeup. I learnt how to not only apply specific make up but how to pick the good from the bad. High end brands are not everything at the end of the day… who says a concealer from Chanel is better than a concealer for 1/3 of the price from priceline? It comes down to what works for YOU! My top picks are a mixture of high end and drug store products which I have used and loved over the past year. Some I've only just discovered and some Ive had a long term relationship with. SO HERE WE GO…

FOUNDATION- Nars Sheer Glow as most of you would know is such a popular foundation, I love it because it doesn't feel 'heavy' on my face like pervious foundations I have used, such as mac prolong wear. I love to mix this with whats left of my Stila 'Stay all day' foundation or if I'm after a glowing look I will mix the Josie Maran liquid illuminzer. The other foundation I have been reaching for to wear to university is the Maybelline 'Dream liquid mousse' which I picked up from priceline during the 50% off sale. It is a wonderful foundation which if applied with the correct primer will last throughout the day without visible signs of deterioration.

LIPSTICKS- Shanghai Suzy, now I had heard of it alot over Instagram etc and loved the price of $12.95 so in 2014 I finally picked the colour 'neon guava' up and all I can
say is love love love, long wearing for the most part, very pigmented and the smell! It smells like a watermelon! Of course I have a nude lipstick to add to my favourites as 2014 was the year of the 'Kylie Jenner lip', my pick is one from the Elly Lukas lipstick line and is a cool nude which applies smoothly and gives a natural look. The last favourite for the year is from the Gerard cosmetics line called 'All Dolled Up', it is an absolute dupe for MACS 'Candy Yum-Yum' lipstick. I purchased it during the 'black friday' american sales online and ending up getting my hands on four different lipsticks for $45 AUD! For $33 AUD you can buy only one MAC lipstick so I was pretty please with this deal!


FACE PRODUCTS-
As usual Nars Orgasm blush and Laguna bronzer are thrown into the mix as well as some new purchases. The Balm mary-lou illumizer (you would have most likely heard of this as it was highly raved about in 2014), Essence 'Soo glow' which is a cream to powder product which has such a beautiful finish and for $5 you cannot go wrong!
My holy grail primer is the Stila one step corrector and has been for a few years now, I find it goes on smoothly and holds my make up on throughout the day nicely as well as colour correcting your face. Avaliable from Mecca for around $48, I highly recommend this to anyone on the search for a new primer!
I have tried a lot of setting products for my make-up over the year but nothing comes up to par with the Kryolan ultra setting spray. I picked it up at IMATS in Sydney for around $24 (but that was clearly at a special show price) but I think in the emporium store (Melbourne) its around $35. The spray is everything you could need and want from a setting spray.. Spritzing my face after I have applied all my makeup at 7am which then stays on till about 9pm at night, I find my face looking nearly exactly the same as it did that morning! Im onto my second canister and use it nearly everyday. Lastly for my face I discovered half way through the year this Lush Tea Tree Water which is a toner in a refreshing spritz form, it is available in the smaller bottle ($9.95) which has lasted me 6 months of using it twice daily and a larger bottle which is $19.95.. still such a reasonable price for such an amazing product! love love love

EYES- One of my favourite finds of the whole year which I only discovered in mid november is the Too Faced 'Better Than Sex' mascara which is available from Mecca Maxima and Kit stores. It honestly is one of the most amazing mascaras I have ever used- It extends the lashes with a slightly thicker look without clumping. It is $29 which for a high end mascara is a bargain in my opinion. From Essence I tried the 'I love extreme' mascara which was around $4 from priceline and is so so terrific for a drugstore mascara! Inglot eyebrow pencil in ‘506’ is light in its colour and doesn't apply with an intense appearance which I really like because I don't like to ‘draw on’ my eyebrows, just lightly fill them in. The MAC eyebrow pencil in ‘lingering’ is another one of my go-to products for my brows, although it applies a little more intense than my inglot pencil, it is easy to brush out and matches my hair colour perfectly..
Josie Maran 'Rio De Rose Gold' liquid eyeshadow and I really hit it off this year after being on the waiting list for ages at is had sold out, I would defiantly say it has been one of my top 5 products this year. Australis AC LOVE ME eyeshadow in the medium colour I found was very pigmented and lovely and creamy to use, although I did find that it tends to crease on the eyelid throughout the day but in saying that for $6 (or thereabouts) its very comparable to the Stila metallic metals. MAC loose pigment in 'Copper Sparkle' is also one of my favourites for the year. I have used it so much and I haven't even made a dent into it which is what i love about MAC pigments, they last forever. I used this as an eyeliner on my eyelid and just under my waterline which I apply with an angled eyeliner brush and a dash of Fix+. 
The primer I use when applying eyeshadow is always 'Shadow Insurance' from Too Faced which I received in a christmas kit so it is a sample size. I find it is long wearing and doesn't move once applied and helps my eye products not to crease. 

I hope you found this somewhat interesting as I rambled on… 
VICBYRNEBEAUTY XXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment