Home

Saturday 13 December 2014

HOW TO BROW



"If the eyes are the windows to the soul, then the eyebrows are the eye-catching curtains."
The never ending mission for prefect brows…. a first world problem, but a very important one at that. How your eyebrows are shaped can drastically improve your over all face 'look'.
Many people are mistaken about what brow shape will suit them or how heavy to fill them in.. or just avoid filling them in at all.

I have gathered a list of Face Shapes and Brow Shapes that are known to compliment each other:
Square Face ~ Softly Rounded
Round Face ~ High Arch
Long Face ~ Extended Brow
Heart-Shaped Face ~ Groomed 
Oval Face ~ Slightly Arched 

I personally used to have my brows waxed, and at that point in my life I thought it was great, but as the time went on I just plucked the re-growth myself… THEN I was introduced to 'Eyebrow Threading' and my brows lives changed forever..

For those who don't know much about it, Threading is when a thin thread is doubled, then twisted. It is then rolled over areas of undesired hair, plucking the hair at the follicle level. 
It is said to provide a more precise control in shaping eyebrows and is more gentle on the skin. I wouldnt say my experiences have been painful, it is just an odd feeling and slightly intriguing as I'm always interested as to how they are doing it! There are a few different techniques for threading. These include the hand method, mouth method and neck. Threading allows for a more defined and precise shape and can create better definition for eyebrows.
I get my brows done every two weeks at 'The Beauty Brow Parlour' in Chadstone shopping centre and it is only $10! 



I love the shape it gives my brows as it is so on point that I almost don't need to fill them in..
Definitely a must try for all ladies who are wanting to try something new!

When I fill my brows in I alternate between my Mac 'Lingering' Brow Pencil and my Inglot eyebrow pencil in '506'.  Both products are quite reasonably priced but I picked up my Inglot pencil at IMATS Sydney and payed $14! For gel which will hold my brows in place all day, I use the Anastasia Beverly Hills 'Clear Brow Gel' which is a mascara shaped brush which you brush through your lashes after applying the pencils. To highlight and lift my brow bone I use Benefits 'High Brow' pencil which I lightly draw under my brows and buff. 

I have attached a video which goes in depth about threading vs waxing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBwdu6YgHpI&spfreload=10

No comments:

Post a Comment