Home

Sunday 5 July 2015

BLOGGERS UNITED MELBOURNE EVENT

A few Sunday's ago I felt very fortunate that I was able to attend the first 'big' Bloggers United event in The Meadow, Melbourne CBD!
First off I'm going to talk about how beautiful the actual place it was held at was, it was a very relaxed area.. reminded me of a soho loft! Each room had its own unique theme to it which I found really interesting, it would be a super cool place to hold a 21st or any other events! Super cool place so I take my hat off to you, Nikita for finding it.. 
This is a photo of the 'common room' that I have borrowed from The Meadow website.. to take a look at all the other rooms and learn more about the venue visit: http://themeadow.com.au

On arrival a few other ladies and I were standing in the foyer and there was a table of name badges which stated our names and our blog or instagram name which was super cool.. Once we 'signed in' we were lead to another cool space which was board room like but with a twist (again see the website for pictures) At first I think a lot of us were a little nervous as we 'knew' a few people from Instagram but didn't actually 'know' them in real life but the nerves and awkward feels soon faded as we slowly began chatting about where we lived, what we do and our joint passion.. BEAUTY!
As everyone trickled in at 1pm we were lead into the common room where there were tables set us with lots of goodies on them, including Chia Caco Bowls, Cocopure water and some awesome nectarine gummie lollies which to be honest Im not normally a fan of nectarine but these lollies I have to make an exception for. 
We all sat down and phones were put down as the ladies who organised it all Jasmine from @sweetaholicbeauty and Nikita from @njtblogger talked us through the plan for the next 4 hours! Two ladies from Benefit Cosmetics began talking to us about the new They're real Mascaras & Liners which are going to be available in all new colours which I'm sure will be super popular once released, They spoke to us about the design of them as well as the formula etc.. As they spoke they passed around all the goodies for us to have a play with and of course take photos of (we are bloggers so this comes naturally!) I have never used a lot of Benefits products but was very impressed with the liners and how easy they are to apply as well as their staying power! My god I still had it on my hand the next day after having a shower that night and all! AMAZING STUFF!
We then broke for some lunch and cookies, followed by receiving OUR GOODIE BAGS! The girls went all out for us, the bags were jam packed full and there is still more to come in the mail!! Oh my goodness I think we were all so grateful. The bags contained everything from makeup to some yummy snacks (the bagel bites won my heart!).
We then listened to Y-Li Zhou the CEI of Enbacci which is an Australia skincare brand, talk about her journey to creating these products as well as having a feel of the products! It was very interesting listening to Y-Li speak, she was so kind to us and gave us some MORE goodies to try at home! 
After another chatting break we then listened to Cherie Bobbins from cheriebobbins.blogspot.com.au talk about… HOW TO MAKE MONEY FROM BLOGGING, Cherie went into detail on how to create your email list and what to put in your mail outs.. what I took mainly from Cherie is 1) be confident and 2) Market like a MOFO!

There were about 22 people that attend on sunday and it was so much fun meeting new people and learning new things, especially been put out of my comfort zone and speaking to new people which sometimes makes me nervous as I get worried I won't have anything to talk about etc (lame I know). 
I met some lovely lovely people that I will hopefully see again soon! I will defiantly be attending the next event Bloggers United hold in Melbourne. 

The whole point of Bloggers United is to get together bloggers as a community and not have little cliques as we are all in this together! 
Once again thank you to Nikita and Jasmine for putting SO much effort into this amazing day! 




MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW MY GIRL PALS ON INSTAGRAM 
@brittanyoconnellmua 
@doaner_fide
@loreebloom
@sweetaholicbeauty
@njtblogger

Bloggers United Official Instagram..
@bloggersunitedau


Such a supportive & sweet bunch of people!
Have you ever been to a bloggers event? What was it and how did you find it? I would love to know so comment your thoughts down below <3
XXXXXX



5 comments:

  1. Great post! I loved the event as well! Next time we have to have a chat for sure x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes for sure lovely lady! I can't believe we didn't chat :( xxx

      Delete
  2. Oh haiiiiiii there!!! LOL Love that photo of you and me with the mirrors! DF xoxo

    www.doaner-fide.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nawh this is beautiful! You're a total gem Vic! It was so lovely to meet you.
    Can't wait to catch up again.
    P.S The goodies are still coming - we are just waiting on one thing still to come but I don't think they are unfortunately going to commit :( I'll be sending an email shortly to everyone to let you know xx

    ReplyDelete