Home

Monday 25 May 2015

Jurlique| My Skin Care Journey


My Skin care journey is a long one, in my early teens I suffered from bad breakouts on my forehead only, mainly because I had a front fringe. After growing out my fringe and a lot of tea tree oil and time this area recovered with no scars and a very rare breakout from then on. Throughout high school i had the occasional break out on my chin and nose but never had severe breakouts or 'acne'. Once I began my corse at Elly Lukas Beauty Therapy College we were forced to have a facial weekly, now I know to a lot of people that sounds great, but trust me IT IS NOT, its probably the worse thing you can do for you skin as far as over stimulation goes. You are only mean to have a facial every 3-4 weeks depending on your specific concerns. As well as it been to much for my skin, the chopping and changing of skin care products did me no favours, at uni we would use Sothys one week and then Payot the next. Changing your skincare routine too often is not ideal for many skins and can cause a lot of confusion in the skin, which may lead to intense sensitivity and breakouts. 

Due to the over stimulation of my skin it began to break out on my cheeks, which had never happened in my life. Never had I had issues with my cheeks, they were always lovely.. I tried so many different products but just could not shake it, as well as deep and painful breakouts the redness was very unbearable too, which then lead to red scarring. After 6 months of basic facials WEEKLY my skin was damaged, for the next 6 months my skin was allowed a break as we didn't have a facial component of the corse in that time, but at the beginning of this year for the final 6 months we are required to complete the subject of advanced facials, using electrodes, high frequency and direct+ indirect currents on our skin. Over summer my skin was also back to normal you could say but as the first few weeks of facials again began to kick in my skin was back to what it was at the start of last year. Deep breakouts, scarring and severe redness.. at this point I was completely over it so i visited the doctor and they gave me a prescription acne cream which make my skin SUPER sensitive. A lot of girls I know have been on roacatine but that was not an option for me as A) my skin wasn't 'that' bad and B) the side effects of that medication is not worth it in my opinion. After a day of facials a few months ago, my skin was burning red and I was just about crying from the pain, that was it.. enough was enough. There was only so long my skin could cope with this treatment. As I started working at Jurlique as a counter manager I have really embraced their skin care products and the organic and natural nature of them, I was finding they were really helping my skin, but the facials were undoing the progress my skin was making. After a meeting with the school I was FINALLY allowed to not get them done anymore, and all I can say is thank god for that.. literally!

For the past roughly two months of no facials and using all my Jurlique and two other products religiously (without chopping and changing my routine) my skin has improved so much I can't even explain it!
My cheeks are beginning to clear up, one side is completely cleared up including the scars which have disappeared. My skins hydration levels have increased as well as the dehydration lines decreasing. 

SO WHAT DO I USE?


MORNING
In the morning after waking up and washing my face with warm water and my Rose Moisture Plus Moisturising Cleanser, I pat dry my skin and lightly mist my skin with the Rosewater Balancing Mist which will help the products I will place over this absorb to the full potential. I then massage my Herbal Recovery Advanced Serum into my skin, combining it with my Amboni organics 'Hydra-boost' argan+ rose hip face oil and a dot of Raccine eye cream I am set to have breakfast (letting these products absorb in), then returning to place my makeup on for the day!

THROUGHOUT THE DAY
Through the day our skin is surrounded by pollution in the air and harsh air conditioning which is extremely bad and causes the skin to become dehydrated. I ensure I drink enough water (roughly 3 bottles of my 1.25L Super Pump water bottle) and I religiously mist my face with the Rosewater Balancing Mist (as mentioned before), this will keep my skin hydrated and fresh-looking in appearance.

NIGHT TIME
Once I get home, whether it be from work or uni I take my make up off! I first use two damp cotton pads with Jurlique replenishing cleansing lotion on them to gently remove my eye & lip makeup. It is important to remove your eye make up separately to your normal cleanse and avoid a scrubbing action as this can harm your eyes and also may cause the lashes to fall out which you DON'T want! 
I then enter into my double cleanse routine, first dampening my face with warm water (not hot and not cold) and place a 5 cent coin size of Jurlique Rose Moisture Plus Moisturising Cleanser onto my hands, I then gently massage the product around my face and neck to remove all makeup and dirt that is on my skin. After the first cleanse I then go in with my Clarisonic Mia 2 (only 2-3 times weekly as it can be slightly harsh if used everyday) with the same cleanser on it and some warm water, carrying out the full clarisonic timing I move the machine around my face to remove make up and dirt which was not removed with the initial cleanse. The clarisonics are amazing as they remove 7x more product from the skin than a normal cleanse does, they are a little on the pricey side but are totally worth it in my opinion!
After completing my double cleanse I pat dry my face (its important not to scrub it with a dry towel/face washer as this may irritate the freshly cleansed skin), I then mist my face again with (you guessed it!) the Rosewater balancing mist again, then massaging Herbal Recovery Advanced Serum into my skin, combining it again with my Amboni organics 'Hydra-boost' argan+ rose hip face oil. If I have any pending breakouts or current breakouts I will gently dab some pure tea tree oil onto them as this is anti-bacterial and also antiseptic. 
I may then use my Lush 'The Kiss' lip scrub (only a few times a week when I feel they need some TLC) and then place my Jurlique Love balm on them to moisturise my lips!

PRODUCT BREAKDOWN

JURLIQUE

Herbal Recovery- Advanced Serum which is available in two sizes (30ml $79 and 100ml for $175)
Description on Jurlique.com.au-
"This youth defence concentrate serum features a proprietary active complex: Naturadiance PB18+ to help reduce the appearance of fine lines, help improve elasticity, restore radiance and increase hydration, while antioxidants create a natural defence shield to help protect against environmental aggressors. Leaves skin visibly glowing, hydrated and younger-looking."


Rosewater Balancing Mist- 2 sizes available (50ml $39 and 100ml $49)
Description on Jurlique.com.au-
"A daily hydrating mist featuring the relaxing scent of rose that restores and hydrates the complexion and is ideal for normal/combination skin types.."

Replenishing Cleansing Lotion- One size only (200ml $45)
Description on Jurlique.com.au-
"A gentle replenishing cleansing lotion for dry skin that lifts away surface impurities to leave the complexion feeling fresh and clean."


Rose Moisture Plus Moisturising Cleanser- One size only (80g $35)
Description on Jurlique.com.au-
"A lightweight, high performance cleanser with an antioxidant complex and skin conditioning ingredients that help moisturise and protect the skin to address signs of dehydration."

AMBONI ORGANICS

HYDRA-BOOST Face oil (Argan + Rosehip)
(15ml $34.95)
As described on Amboniorganics.com
"Amboni Organics® Hydra-Boost Face Oil is a beautiful blend of 3 amazing oils plus anti-oxidant rich vitamin e. This anti-ageing formula repels the signs of ageing and helps to correct texture and complexion problems. It will help improve the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, burns, acne scars and even stretch marks. Due to the high levels of essential fatty acids in our formula, your skin will be assisted to regenerate and produce a more youthful appearance. Skin is left smooth and glowing."

MY TEA TREE OIL OF CHOICE

Thursday Plantation 
Tea Tree Oil 15ml (available at priceline)



FINALLY 
hope you have enjoyed reading this post and found it some what interesting.. If you have any questions feel free to ask me via commenting on here or messaging me on Instagram!


SOCIAL MEDIA:
Instagram- @vicbyrnebeauty
Twitter- @vicbyrnebeauty 




1 comment:

  1. I am a huge fan of JURLIQUE skincare products. The Rosewater Balancing Mist is an essential I carry with me in my purse always. This misting spray is refreshing and keeps my skin hydrated throughout my hectic and stressful days as an administrative assistant to a very demanding executive. The rose scent is lovely.

    William Connors @ The Healing Station

    ReplyDelete